Sunday, February 7, 2010

Berry Wonderful Breakfast Cobbler (Oatmeal)



I found a great new recipe from a food storage book that I thought I would tell you about. It is a recipe for oatmeal that you can eat for breakfast and it’s all done in the microwave. I make ahead the mix and store in sandwich baggies and then just pour into a bowl, add water, microwave, and then add the frozen blueberries and microwave again. Pour on milk and enjoy! It is very healthy and delicious oatmeal, with lots of good stuff for you. I love it! It makes a lot, so even a half serving is quite filling. If you don't have the blueberries you could certainly used sliced bananas on top instead. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

From: I Dare You to Eat It, by Liesa Card (Food Storage book))

Fresh ingredients: 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
(milk, for on top of the oatmeal, when serving)

Storage ingredients:

1/4 cup rolled oats (not old fashioned or instant)
1/4 cup walnuts, crumbled
1 Tblsp. golden raisins
1 Tbslp. Craisins
1 Tblsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup water (I use 2/3 cup water)

Toss all ingredients except blueberries in a large glass bowl and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the frozen blueberries and microwave an additional 45 seconds. Add milk and enjoy! Tastes like a dessert!